Monday, June 20, 2011

Back to Big Timber

Growing up in Bozeman Montana I always heard legends of the burlest creek in Montana being only an hour away from my house. As my skills progressed through out the years I wanted to go see what this high mountain creek had to offer. The first time I ever went I just filmed my Brother and friend Bobby Jackson bomb down the bumpy steep slides. I was hooked...for the next few years all I talked about and wanted to do was "Big T"!

The last time I was up Big Timber creek was late May of 2006 over 5 years ago. I had a great high water run with my brother Ian that ended in epic carnage off the Lower Big Timber falls. Kick flipping and grinding upside down off a huge sliding falls made the carnage cut in YGP's movie The Source. So let's just say I had some unfinished business to attend to.

After years of boating around the world I finally made it back to my home class V creek! We walked up as far as the snow would let us and put in at a great drop call Fine Line! Seal Launching off a meter tall snow bank we started our descent. It was just as fun and beautiful as I remember it, but a bit more manky and scrappy after so many big volume creeks. None the less we had an epic time and ran everything I thought to be sane. I almost completed the total mank fest above the Pinch, which is a woody steep mess of a drop. I re-ran the Lower Big T falls 4 times in a row, and did my personal first descent on Shakedown a super technical steep manky one at the end of the run. Over all it was an epic day I got to share with my two brothers, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Lucas. Here are a few shots from the day that Ian snapped off and there will be an video coming out soon as I catch up on some editing work.

This is the last drop of Big Timber...it is a nasty set of drops called Shakedown.

Ryan in the middle of Fine Line.

Nate Dogg getting a big boof over the shallow landing of fine line.

Myself getting vengeance for the 4th time in one day...I was having a bit too much fun maybe.

Wanna bet? Let's make a deal and toss the dice...Gambling like Kenny Rogers.

Hitting a great boof above the Pinch...don't plug this one it's called Ankle Breaker!

Mr. Lucas running the meat of the Lower Big T falls.

Coming super hot into the tightest spot of the Pinch.

Erik getting real stylie on the bottom tier of the falls.

More Montana updates coming soon...the water levels all out west are holding high, but soon we will be back on the mega huckfest going hard!

Later E.G.

1 comment:

Abel said...

I found this activity fun and thought it was very interring to learn. There are many other light configurations. I almost completed the total mank fest above the Pinch, which is a woody steep mess of a drop. I re-ran the Lower Big T falls 4 times in a row, and did my personal first descent on Shakedown a super technical steep manky one at the end of the run. Over all it was an epic day I got to share with my two brothers, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Lucas.I also think that everyone else had fun just like me. Thanks for sharing with us.
Forklift training Toronto